i give up

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
all this rain weve had has about done me in. I replanted my corn and cucumber because only 4 corn plants grew the first time. Sunflowers look good, the rabbits ate half my tomato plants and all the honeydew but at least the tomotoes recovered. Its so muddy all the time, if I try to work the soil it will just turn to concrete when its dry. So at this point if it grows good, if not, oh well :barnie I still have 5 watermelon starts to get in, I dont know how, might have to pot them.

ohiofarmgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
sounds like there is only one thing to do...

container gardening.

or just make a pitcher of margaritas and watch the mud bake. there's always fall planting!

sorry for your woes..

blue skys

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ohiofarmgirl said:
or just make a pitcher of margaritas and watch the mud bake. there's always fall planting!
I like your solution - that's what I'm doing!!! But I'm watching everything bake - no rain in sight.

ohiofarmgirl

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
i hear you! we've been sweltering... but should get rain the next couple days. however some of my little starts cant wait so i'm trudging out there after cocktail hour.. i mean.. dinner
;-)

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I would start digging trenches around your plants and mixing in sand or pebbles to help move water run off AWAY from your garden. Rather then actually working the soil at the base of your plants. Just try to create things so your plants are on make shift hills....

Drainage, drainage, drainage!!! :D

I hope that helps?!

I know you will recover... this weather has been so frustrating!!!

Latest posts