I ordered my seeds today!!!!

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
After a lot of research this week, I ordered my seed collection for the 2011 growing year. I found a website for my state that has lots of information about the different variety of plants that do good in my region. After arming myself with this information, I sat down this morning and poured my heart out into an order form. This will be my 3rd garden ever (I'm a newbie still) and I am anxious to see how these varieties will fare compared to what I've planted in the past two years. Now for the ground to warm up :tools

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Excellent!! Good for you- will you stop there, or will you add a few things when you accidentally go to the garden section of a few stores? How large is your garden? Did you buy anything you haven't grown before? I haven't ordered yet. I love looking, but the decision making process, stresses me out!!! 70 days till spring! Happy Gardening!

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I ordered several things today that I have never grown. I ordered onion seed, potaotes, spinach, brocolli....lots of yummy stuff. I have never measured my garden but I know for a fact that it will need to grow this year. I plan on moving some things around to make more space like planting the cukes on my fence instead of in the garden and things like that. I am open to ideas if anyone wants to share any.

wiswash

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I bought my tomatoe seeds last week at the farm store. I got Black Russian (Black Krim), Abraham Lincoln and Cherokee Purple. I dont know anything about these except that theyre heirlooms. I am not even much of a tomatoe lover but hope to enjoy these one way or another. The rest of our garden will be peas and beans and some onions. Havent bt them seeds yet, though. 125 days before planting time. Will have to start the 'maters indoors I think. Wish me well.

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I do wish you well. I almost got some Brandywine tomato seeds but I decided to buy plants instead. I tried last year to start tomato plants by seeds and it didnt work for me. Maybe I need to read up on it some more. Although I did get a good surprise last year in my garden. When we began working the soil (late in the season due to a flood issue), I came across a tomato plant growing in my garden. I guess it seeded itself the previous fall and sprouted all by itself. I thought that was kind of neat. It had good tomatoes too.

wifezilla

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Black Krim should do well. Mine got hit by frost last year so I didn't actually get to taste them :p I am trying again this year. I got a good cherokee purple harvest. Nice tasting tomato, but they are prone to splitting. Not a biggie if you aren't trying to sell them.

Well, at least 70 days 'till the calendar says spring Lesa!
Between cold frames and CFL lights, spring is only a few weeks away at my place :D

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
They dont last long enough around my house to try to sell :drool

hiker125

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I got my seeds today. My new items are celery, Amish paste tomatos, and patty pan squash.

I was so excited I went and bought some fish emulsion liquid and a heating mat, thermostat and lights and newspaper pot maker.

Spring cannot get here soon enough. My garden is so boring with a blanket of white.

sonjab314

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ive threatened to take the heater out of my chicken coop and put it in my greenhouse and get everything started. I can use a heat lamp on the chicken, right? :p