Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't see why not!

8721_leaves.jpg

8721_leaves2.jpg

zyRSgold

Sprout
Reaction score
As long as the person is perfectly healthy to live in this world, everything else is small!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Bought my Magnolia Tree for $9.98 at WalMart today!! It's a little wilted but we're expecting rain tonight so I'll make sure it gets a good soaking. I'll probably do that thing I do--plant it in a tree pot and bury it in one of my beds for planting next year. I have a shrub in the front that I detest, so I'll try to get it out this Fall, and plant the tree there, in the front yard, next Spring. ...sigh of happiness...

JosephArehart

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I like a tree landscaping. When ever i am at home i do it and i enjoy my time.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm glad you found what you wanted. I got a couple that popped up in the woods here. They're no bigger then like 3 ft tall. There are bunches around where I live, and they are just naturally part of the southern landscape. So I'm not sure how they'd do in the north, or what types are meant for you.

Here I'm blessed with Crepe Myrtles, Magnolias and dogwoods sprouting like weeds everywhere. Some of my favorite trees. Like you though, I've wanted a Lilac for YEARS, and I've been told they won't grow here. I dream of the smell of the Lilac. Now I'm told there are several kinds that will do very well when I live and I'm finally on the hunt for one. HOORAY!!!!

Latest posts