I'd like to know which row covers you all use?

Timmyi

Sprout
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to TEG! I use old sheets too, don't have a lot of frost or freeze problems here. Now if there was an AIR CONDITIONED row cover that would keep the hot summer sun from burning everything up....COUNT ME IN!! :lol:
where do you usually buy your supplies about garden? a physical store or online store? and which store?

Timmyi

Sprout
Reaction score
:frow :welcome @Timmyi, :welcome :frow! So glad you found us. This is a great group! I am sure you will enjoy the discussions, the advice, the tips, the humor, and the grand gardeners here.

My row covering came from through mail order from FarmTech. I have also used Vis-screen (a thick mil plastic) and PVC pipes to extend winter and speed up spring planting. Read carefully. There are row covers for different purposes.

:thumbsup :welcome :thumbsup Glad to have you growing with us.:ya:ya:ya
mail order from FarmTech? so you buy all your garden supplies from online store, never from physical store?

Timmyi

Sprout
Reaction score
Welcome, Timmyi! :frow

I use Agribon netting from Johnny's Selected Seeds for light frost coverage and to keep pests out like cabbage moths. I also plan to use it on some isolation boxes I am going to build for preventing cross pollination on certain things I want to save seed from. Just a wooden frame with the agribon for the sides.

Late fall into early winter, to extend my season a little longer on cool season crops, I have used 6 mil clear plastic sheeting over EMC (metal conduit) hoops anchored on 18" rebar and the ends are weighed down pretty snugly with boards and rocks to keep heat in.
can i ask why you choose Agribon? how do you know the brand? is it the best in usa?

Latest posts