I'm so depressed!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am sorry southern gardener. Down here in the deep south we have not had any rain lately. Just the massive heat.

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
(sigh) it's supposed to hit 90 degrees today - well above average for this time of year. It rained again last night and it's cloudy today. :(

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oooooh, heat and humidity. I hardly know what that means.

. . . but I was in Houston once. And, I hardly knew how to behave . . .

I hope you find a way to stay comfortable.

Steve

less than 20" precipitation annually, less than 20% humidity on many, many Summer afternoons.

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi there everyone!:frow

Gosh! You have made me feel a whole lot better about the weather here! :gig :gig Truly, I feel for you all -- well all the ones who aren't happy little gardeners at the moment. :he :barnie :idunno

We just have very high winds & no rain for weeks BUT IT IS WARM & we haven't had a frost for about 2 weeks so :fl. It is so depressing to know you just can't do anything in the garden especially when you have a stack of plants getting leggy.

I've worked in Houston several times ( for the Houston Ballet). I was amazed by the humidity, so enervating! The rain was torrential ! Living there would finish me off -- but the people were great. :D

CHEER UP EVERYONE :happy_flower

:rose Hattie :rose

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hey Digits - I live in Montana for the last two years so I am quite aware of the dryness. I could put that heavy duty Eucerine cream on twice a day and still be dry and itchy. I totally dig the humidity down here. But you have the Mountains and pristine streams and elk and deer and I could go on and on....

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe the thought of this will help.

August 5th, last year: The afternoon high is 91, overnight low is 54.

I won't try to balance that with anything negative . . . ;)

Steve

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
3 to 6" of rain today - it's been pouring for about an hour! :hit Thunder, lightening, heavy rain!!! :hit

I wanted to dig up my potatoes this week - looks like I won't be doing that! My beans are turning yellow and so is my squash.

We saw the sun briefly on Saturday while I was painting the new coop, then it started thundering and sprinkled a little, thank goodness it stopped and the paint dried.

All that money and hard work on my garden is down the drain. :hit :hit :hit

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
It's ok Southern... I'm suffering the annoyance of heavy rains too... it seems to be wrecking EVERYTHING!!!

I'm annoyed and upset to say the least, I believe everything will bounce back though.

Its raining now here too... and its COLD!? After being near 90 all weekend!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Southern Gardener & vfem,

My heart goes out to you (& everyone else in similar distress). T is so awful to see everything you have cosseted & protected turn into a slimy mess.

I hope some things survive & pull through. :hugs

:rose Hattie :rose