Indoor Herb Garden

RedheadErin

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I have always wanted a small windowsill herb garden so I can get a few fresh herbs whenever I want them. Seems like winter is a good time to start this, right?

I have tried a few times to start indoor herb gardens, but have never had any luck. One time my cat dug it up, another time something else happened....It's always something!

What is the best way to get started? What plants should I choose and what kind of containers? What else do I need?

I have several very nice west-facing windows in my kitchen and east-facing windows in the living room. There are a few northern windows, but they are small. For some reason, the house is arranged so that there are no south-facing windows.

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think you might have better luck with small transplants, rather than seeds. Not a good time of year, for those ... Nothing wrong with trying the seeds- but I think you would have better success with something more developed. My mom had a parsley plant on her windowsill for many years, that she cut from. I currently am trying to winter over my rosemary plant. Good luck!

Latest posts