Invasive Species by State

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
These are the species reported by the University of Georgia, Center for Invasive Species and Ecosystem Health. You can click the map for your state and check.

It probably makes a good deal of sense, if your state has a diverse environment, to go on to the county and check those species listed. Example: for one of the states here on the border, the #1 invasive for the state isn't even on the county list.

There was another problem with species identification, according to Wikipedia. The USDA plant database doesn't have any information on the plant so :idunno. Anyway, it's good to give these invasive species in your environment some thought.

Steve

Rhodie Ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ah....I've never heard of Tansy Ragwort, but when I got up here last year in WA, it was everywhere. I thought it was pretty along side the back roads and expressways. NO!!
Very invasive and there is a huge outcry on the local gardening groups of how to help to try to stop it's takeover.

Scotch Broom is everywhere along the freeways. It too is pretty in bloom but it evidently muscles out everything else and spreads into the natural forests. Funny that you can buy it at the big box stores too....

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Osage orange invasive?
I got through 1/2 of the list and found many I knew about and some I don't understand. IF they are invasive I have witnessed spread about as fast as creeping phlox and That is manageable.