Irises!

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are pics of some of my irises. I have others that are new and didn't bloom this year so I may have other colors that I have yet to see.....oh, and I have a black one that I missed getting a pic of when it was in bloom....

IM001914.jpg

IM001915.jpg

above_the_clouds.jpg

dwarf_yellow.jpg

giant_purple.jpg

peach_irises-1.jpg

white_purple_iris.jpg

short_purple_irises.jpg

yellow2.jpg

IMG_15411.jpg

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is so funny, I have the same exact colors as you do! I also have a black that I call Amethyst.

I never knew any of my iris cultivar names, most were given to me and so I often come up with names on my own.

Here is my Mardi Gras (I named this LOL) :p
15xwqw5.jpg

a lovely pink
199w7b.jpg

I call this one adobe and is very similar to yours
atkh2d.jpg

This one is a rebloomer..meaning it blooms several times through the year; typically again in the Fall
33n7qyt.jpg

a lovely blue
351g7x3.jpg

I also have some that have not bloomed and I cannot even remember what color they should be, but I think one I named Rootbeer and another I am going to name Pumpkin.

This one was brought down from about 8000 ft in the Sacramento Mountains in New Mexico. I have been growing it every year for near 8 years now and it gets prettier every year. My wild iris.
il9iiu.jpg

I do hope you did not mind me throwing these on your post. Please let me know if you would prefer that I put these on another post of my own. I adore iris's and am constantly adding to them and then thinning them and passing them on. Since you have similar colors I wouldn't doubt if our stock isn't from the same source. LOL

Thank you,

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, I don't mind at all! You have lovely irises! I hope I can possibly talk you out of some Mardi Gras (fitting name!), Rebloomer, and the wild iris is to die for! :drool The ONLY thing that keeps irises from being my absolute favorite is the short blooming time. Maybe one day I can create an ever-blooming... :lol: :cool:

I lived many years in New Mexico, practically grew up there. Do you know where Hobbs and Lovington are? My old stomping grounds. My dad was in the oil field many years until he passed away. He was blind but still earning a living sitting out on location watching rigs. I have lived in Texas many years now (was actually born here when my mom came for a visit) but it still feels like coming home when I cross that state line.....

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
When I was a child(over 60 yrs ago) my folks had a deep purple and white one that was so fragrant. I can't seem to find any now that come close, tho they look similar. I know our "smeller" can fade as we get a bit older, but I can smell other flowers. Anyone know where to find the very old fashioned ones ?:hu

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Hi Broke,

I will keep my eye out for the rebloomer, half of it was taken over by a large hollyhock and I should not have let that happen. I know it is close to another color I have so I don't want to mix, but I do know which ones are the Mardi Gras and can get some of that pulled in the meantime.

PM me an address and I will get those out to you. Did you want a small bit of my Wild Iris too?

Ron

Latest posts