It's that time of year!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I got home today, and found 4 seed catalogs in my mail. Also, I cleared out some space in the laundry room and am going to start some seeds tomorrow. :weee With it being 45 and all the snow melting away today, I'm starting to get spring fever. I guess I just can't look at the calendar! :hide

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yep! For Xmas last year, DH got me some AWESOME full-spectrum lights from a local hydroponics store (I think he was one of the few customers that was planning on growing something legal! :D) Those and running a little fan on them made a ton of difference! Oh, and the bat guano DH got me, too. He spends all his "mad money" on golf, so I think he feels guilty that I spend mine on a more useful hobby. :lol:

chris09

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I had 2 seed catalogs in the mailbox the day before Thanksgiving and about two a week since then.

Chris

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I have got it too, but I have to control myself. I am an hour south of Chicago and our last frost date is usually around mid May...I started seeds the end of February last year...I had plants everywhere...my dining room looked like a jungle. I am planning on doing it again...but I better not start before the end of Feb.!!!

SO intead, I have my husband building me another light setup with lights for seed trays...so I can go completely crazy!

Here is my dining room in early April last year...out of control...it was great!

5568_rose-plants_020.jpg

Happy New Year!
Christie :tools

OaklandCityFarmer

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I simply can't control myself and I don't know how y'all with snow and ice do it!

The growing season here ends somewhere around the end of October to early November and the rain ends all chances of anything over the Winter. The last frost date is usually around early March :p

But I can't wait to get stuff in the ground!

I've been looking through catalogs, breaking out the gardening books, and running through the seed inventory to see what's happening this year.

My house looks a lot like yours Christie!

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have got 4 seed catalogs in the mail and have been reading them every chance I get. I need to start coming up with a plan.

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I just moved out 4 pieces of furniture out of my dining room to give me more plant space...my kids are grumbling.
All they seem to remember is all the hauling of plants out to the greenhouse during the day and carrying them all back in at night...we did that for a few months. They were my babies and could'nt let them get frosted.
Can't wait!
Christie :D

Jacobtaylar

Sprout
Reaction score
Yes every time is better for indoor growing and no need to worry if you got a good setup and perfect nutrients and fertilizers with useful grow lights. With this facilities if you are going to grow plants indoor than you will definitely succeed.