Last frost date?

Ariel72

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Hello, I'm new here and have a very newbie question. How do I find out when my last frost date is? Pretty sure I'm in zone 5b. I'm so excited about this year's garden and want it to turn out well...unlike last year's garden:/.

bigredfeather

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Google says April 15th, but I don't buy that. I live in Central Ohio (zone 5) and I always use May 10th as mine, which is usually pretty acurate.

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I live in Eastern Wa. I am using may 10 also. DigitS had a post a week ago or so to figure out your frost date and dates for starting plants indoors. It is very helpful !

ETA. It is in the plant propagation category, titled seed starting dates. Good luck gardening!

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
biggreenthumb said:
Google says April 15th, but I don't buy that. I live in Central Ohio (zone 5) and I always use May 10th as mine, which is usually pretty acurate.
I am in zone 6 in SE Ohio and our official last frost date is May 21. Zones have to deal with how cold it gets in the winter but the frost date is how cold it stays in the spring. Weird huh. Two years ago we had frost on the 18th and 19th of May. I was covering everything.

Latest posts