Leaves Changing

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Saw some cottonwood trees south of Montrose Colorado last week that had some leaves with a hint of yellow... It's coming!

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
STOP. STOP IT RIGHT NOW! NO MORE FALL POSTS! Grrrrrrrrrrr. I pretend it will never come.....
I whole-heartedly agree. It is far too early to be discussing leaves changing. I will cover my eyes at such nonsence. I am in denial.

Fortunately, after 2-3 weeks of temperatures in the lower 50s at night and as low as 69 for one high, we are about to return to the more typical August temperatures of 80s and 90s.

That means it's summer! Summertime, summertime, sum-sum-summertime, summer time yeh, yeh, yeh, yeh!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I have noticed a variety of different trees in different locations starting to change colors. My hens have slowed down production. It seems like they all decided to molt at the same time, even though they were hatched at 4 different times, to get ready to winter. I think it's gonna be an early frost and early winter, IMHO.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe east of say Colorado, but I have this feeling winter will AGAIN be very late to get to the west coast, and I fear that AGAIN we may not get rain after January.

I sure wish they'd put me in charge of the gates at the dam. Lake is already very low, around 40% capacity.