Look what I found!

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
While slogging through useless trash in storage, I came across a few bottles of wine wifey and I made when were just married, if our oldest was born I don't remember her being there when we were picking the grapes.

I opened a bottle even though it was mid morning, just for a taste. Not bad at all.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Look what I found.

Attachments

• aged wine.JPG
    aged wine.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 230

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wow, Richard, you have enough to share!
One of my cousins was into making wine big-time. They thought it was good, but no one else did. For my Mom and Dad's 50th anniversary, the cousin gave them a case of wine with their picture on the label. Nice gesture, but no one could drink the wine.....:eek:

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Must have used some really good quality corks, if it is still drinkable. That's often the downfall of homemade wines.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Greetings bills,

I bought these corks, they're solid plug, I do and have boiled corks that were removed ,with twin blade removers, and reused them. These corks have suffered but remain intact until removed.

This wine was made here, and is home made, but I'm not a first timer, I've made wine as father and uncles made wine from when I was a young boy.

Sounds like you know a bit about brewing, good to hear from you. Like to hear what you've been up to in the way of fermentation. If you've time, let me hear, and pictures are always nice.

Richard
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Like Dominic Schvone said about 60 years ago: " Ricchie ,Once you puta in da botle can keep for hunder yer!"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Latest posts