Look what I found!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
That much wine would last me a lifetime! I'm not what you would call much of a drinker. I made blueberry cordial 2 years ago and still have some left..... I am glad you found the wine, what did you make it from? Grapes? Berries? I made some dandelion wine that turned out pretty good for somebody who didn't have a clue. :)

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
I drink wine almost daily. If I have more than a small bit with a meal, the girls will get me a glass of water, and admonish me for guzzling.
At dinner, we pour the girl a thimble of wine, an aperitif thimble. They have learned the difference between wine and plaank, you know, some of the swill sold as wine. They still like a sweeter wine than I do. Kids! my youngest said once about a bowl of sugar " I could eat that whole bowl!" but they're growing.

bills

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Richard, I have to confess I have never made wine at home.
I've enjoyed the wine made from juice at our local U-Brew for years. They were the ones that pointed out the variance in cork quality, and how long a batch would keep depending on the cork chosen.
Very few of the bottles of (red) wine I have stored, are more than 4-5 years old..the oldest ones being 8 years, 6 months. I hope it is still good..it was great wine after just two years, so I tucked a couple away..

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
bills,
The wine you've aged will be good, you laid them on their side so the corks are full.
You know, wine sent to India for the soldiers there, missed those it was intended for and was shipped back to Spain or Portugal. The wine going that distance in the heat of the hole is how we've come to have Sherry and port.
We've put away wine for the purpose of ageing it has always done well, it will produce some sediment, but I've never found that a problem.
Wine can be had in California where there is always a vintage year, a person would have to be a fool to make a bad wine, with the quality of grape harvested each year.
Having spoken of wine, I'll go pour a glass.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wine of Vancouver is some of the very best, you know, Okanagan Valley is known for great grape growing. You can arrange to buy juice, 5,10 or 50 gallons should you one day decide to make some where you live, Or you can arrange to pick, after the grapes have been harvested, they, the pickers, always leave some, you can usually pick free of charge.
I really enjoy wine, commercial wine doesn't sit as well with me, unless well aged.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Haven't been back to British Columbia from the day we ,wifey and I, ran the border. I think I mentioned that a while back, we were married in BC.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nyboy, Open that bottle! Find or invent an occasion and have at it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am certainly no wine expert. A cheap box of wine can last me months. Before we moved 160 miles north, we were frequently the lucky recipient of some bodacious hurricanes. Along with the stocking up with water, lamp oil, batteries, extra this and that, I baked a big pan of brownies and made sure to have wine. With a 100 year old oak tree on my house, raining in my dining room, kitchen and garage, I ate my brownies, drank my wine, and no longer cared. :lol:

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I must have over 100 bottles of fine wine, yet I drink vodka. It is a big faux pas to tip the owner of a business, so instead of cash I get bottles of good wine. Once a client asked me how I liked the wine she gave me, when I said I made sangria with it, I thought she pass out. My favorite wine is dirt cheap and only made in the fall by Brotherhood winery called Holiday. it is a spiced wine you heat up and drink hot.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I must have over 100 bottles of fine wine, yet I drink vodka. It is a big faux pas to tip the owner of a business, so instead of cash I get bottles of good wine. Once a client asked me how I liked the wine she gave me, when I said I made sangria with it, I thought she pass out. My favorite wine is dirt cheap and only made in the fall by Brotherhood winery called Holiday. it is a spiced wine you heat up and drink hot.

I am glad to know there are other non-winos out there who know next to nothing about the grape elixir. Sangria-sounds like a durn good idea! I have a favorite too, Llano-Sweet Red.