looking for a garden shed

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
AdamBorzy said:
That was funny Smart Red. How could you spent times running water pipes on your wedding day? I wouldnt be thinking of that on my wedding day. :D

And now, what can you ask for more with a 2 car garage-sized shed with wood shop, 24x30 garden shed, and a chicken coop? ;)
1.) As I recollect, way back then, it wasn't my wedding DAY I was concerned with. It was where and how I'd be spending my wedding NIGHT.

DH had set the wedding date back two months and then another two months as we tried to finish the house. He was afraid that asking for another two months would find him working alone -- very alone. The two of us were building this place by ourselves. We had heat, electricity, sewer, and well, but not running water. Thus, he spent the day plumbing, setting a toilet, and installing a vanity.

Me? I spent the morning getting my hair done and spoiled the effort by spend the afternoon out in the snow pleading with the furniture van to deliver my bedroom furniture. It seems we planned our wedding on the day of a blizzard and the driver was afraid of getting stuck in the woods. With the help of my BIL, we managed to convince them and I had the blessing of both running water and a mattress once the big event was over.

2.) What more can I ask for? Are you joking? There is always something more that is really, really needed. DH wants a gazebo. We have a pond planned. The furniture lumber is stored in the garage at the end of the wood shop and DS wants to partition off a part of that for a finishing booth, so we really need another two-car garage (or barn) for the tractor, bobcat, etc. right? And DS wants a sauna. Grandson wants a bigger chicken coop for breeding his Buckeyes. Granddaughter wants a tree house. I want heat in my garden shed. Oh, and a small room in the basement for a root cellar. Then there is finishing the basement - walls, wiring, and floors (we got half done last winter), the almost plumbed area for a basement bathroom, a bar, media room, sigh! You had to ask. Hey, digitS, I'm biting my tongue and smiling. DH will never read my posts.

Love, Smart Red

Latest posts