Missouri Primrose Question?

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My Missouri Primrose I transplanted last spring sulked all last summer, but it came back this spring, very puny, just a few leaves. But today when I went to look at it, it was gone! Do you suppose it died in the sun (very hot weather here in Utah). Or do you suppose it got root rot? Very few of the many plants I transplanted last spring survived. I think the area I transplanted them to must have bad soil. All of these died: lavender, coneflowers, blue flax, columbine. Lilies and yarrow survived, and my Mexican Hats are hanging on. Could the Missouri Coneflower come back when the weather cools down? Probably not. The flowers loved the soil out front, but the powers that be wanted all the flowers out of that flower bed. I tried to save them, but I guess my yard doesn't have good enough soil. The front bed is empty of flowers, sterile. I hope the powers that be are happy with the barren look.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
You may have to look around at what grows well in Utah, Geisha. Sometimes you jut have to go with the natives.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh, it grew beautifully for 10 years out front in the raised bed. I'm sure it would be blooming beautifully there had it not been ripped out, so lucky...

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yes, it's too bad the flower haters made me rip up all the flowers in the front bed. That soil was perfect, and everything thrived there, and it was on a slope, so it drained. It sure looks ugly now, with no flowers. And none of them did well when transplanted to my yard, which must have clay, Nyboy.

GardenGeisha

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thank you, Nyboy. My Rose of Sharon is still growing that you sent me. It looks healthy.

Latest posts