More rabbits! Rabbits plural. Many many many rabbits

country freedom

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
country freedom said:
If you/others in your home aren't allergic to cats............... ;)

Cat/Predator

Rabbit/Prey

You will only need 1 predator (cat) for the entire prey (rabbit) population. ;)
Works fine unless you live on our road, where

Speeding gravel trucks/very, very short cat lifespans

(and if the gravel trucks didn't get 'em, the coyotes would)

:p

Pat, having not lost anything recently to rabbits but under no illusions that this will last
Yeah, enuff said -- my cat just got run over a few eves ago.
My brother used to have dogs on his 'lil peice of land, coyotes got to them. He now has a cat -- onery young stray it is, it doesn't trust anyone but my brother.

I do not know how the young tom has stayed alive for two years, my brother was adopted by his cat over 2 yrs ago, and it stays out. It doesn't like to be inside.

I have no help for you my friend, :idunno , but others may have some nice suggestions, which I'm also hoping to find, in case I'm ever in a snag of how to go about getting "whatever" resolved.

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I'm so sorry about your cat......that stinks! Years ago, a mean stray cat chased one of our cats into the road in front of a car and it got hit...it survived, minus one leg, and has been an indoor cat ever since. Hopefully our other cats have developed a healthy respect for the road, and speeders.

Again, I'm really sorry....sorta been there...

Here's an interesting true story: a friend of ours told of his neighbor's big cat who came home with the tar beat out of him, dragging a dead fisher cat (what they're called around here)! He took pictures to prove it! Talk about one determined cat!

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I live by and I mean, by the road...say 10 ft. off it and have lost 2 cats to the horseless carriages! BUT, I have retained a more wily tom that has managed to survive and whom, I've personally observed, can eat a half-grown rabbit per day and, at times, two per day.

There are many, many cats who need a home. If they survive the road, they are smart, strong and resourceful. Same with the 'yotes. If they do, you have some rabbit eatin' machines, if not, you have eliminated the growing cat problem so oft discussed. Its a win/win situation!

Sound heartless? Its survival of the fittest and the natural balance of nature. Thus, in my younger years, we never, ever had a "feral" cat problem. Never heard of them. Tamed one once...referred to as a "stray cat" then! He was a tomcat extraordinaire and could kill a coon by himself. He lived to make more progeny of strong cats for the neighbors....all of the males of which he promptly killed.

Just saying, cats are primarily hunters...if they make good pets...well, that's just a bonus! Adopt a few hunters and let nature sort it out. You may just wind up with a good one who has learned to survive. If not, keep trying. At the very least, you can provide some cat a good home until he buys the pavement or becomes coyote dung! ;)

Latest posts