Moving the rose garden.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
This fall Montyj and I will be moving my rose garden. Right now they are under a maple tree by my back yard swing. They arent getting enough sun in the day, so we decided to move them in the fall to around the gazebo! I will post pictures.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
This fall Montyj and I will be moving my rose garden. Right now they are under a maple tree by my back yard swing. They arent getting enough sun in the day, so we decided to move them in the fall to around the gazebo! I will post pictures.
They will be so pretty around the Gazebo.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know I will post pics next year when they bloom.... if they bloom. Might stunt their growth some? Not sure what will happen next spring.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
We plan to do something about our rose garden as well this summer/fall. I'd post photos, but I fear that once ya'll got through laughing I'd lose any respect you now have for my gardening efforts.

My recent discussion with DH on the topic started with something like, "Would you mind if I just mowed over the whole area or is there something in the rose garden you'd want to keep?"

It is definitely time for plan B.

dewdropsinwv

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
the shade factor did not even occur to us when we planted them there. :/ I think they will be a lot better around the gazebo too. I am excited about moving them.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There seems to be some rose experts here, what is the best way to root rose cuttings? I have some red roses that bloom in clusters in the spring and fall. I would like to take some cuttings to plant at our new place. Advice please?

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
The pioneers brought cutting from the East by putting the cutting into a potato. The moisture inside the spud kept them hydrated and allowed the rootlets to start growing. Then they planted the whole thing -- potato and cutting -- in the ground once they had arrived.

One look at my rose garden would convince ya'll that I am NOT one of the rose experts here.