My new tools

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nice tools! I have seen tool boxes and tool kits in pink, for women, but that is carrying it a bit too far, IMO. Just a smaller size is great. Of course, if the tool was pink, probably none of the guys would accidentally carry it off.
I once had a pink tool box -- hammer, ruler, screwdrivers, wrench set, etc. I used it at school whenever that kind of work was needed. I still have the box and the hammer. Everything else walked off -- probably because they were the easiest tools to find.

Once the PTA bought each classroom two fans. I got the tools and had the boys open one box and put a fan together -- following the written instructions. They did a pretty good job with a few minor mistakes easily corrected. They were all ready to start on the second fan, but, no, I said that one was for the girls to assemble.

Of course, the girls did a better and faster job of assembly. I knew it was because they'd seen the boy's mistakes so they didn't make them. The boys were amazed and the girls were smiling and proud at what they'd achieved. :thumbsup

"That," I said, "is why we teach reading."

We were the first class to have working fans. My students were eager to go to more classrooms but other teachers didn't believe these 'kids' could put the fans together. The teachers waited for the custodians to find extra time which took a couple of weeks before the rest of the school had cooling in their classrooms.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
They work well, but I found the battery less than long lasting.
That's why I want to get another one or two batteries. I've had battery powered tools before and generally the batteries are toast long before the tools go bad. By then, of course, they don't sell those batteries anymore. Need more power!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Over the years since I retired, I've "lost" almost all my tools. DS used them -- loving them to death, DH put them away, never to be seen again, they are at DS's house, or DS uses them all the time. I know a lot of tools are buried under sawdust in the corners of the workshop.

Yesterday, at the feed/department/hardware store where I took DH for a walk-about, I heard these calling my name and couldn't resist. I have this project to enlarge the coop. Without DH to help, I figure all I needed was the right tools and I could do it myself.
View attachment 11151
Aren't they beautiful? I figure I will also need a saber saw. Will get one soon along with another battery. These are a slightly smaller version of the tools the guys use and better suited to weak little me.

I did have most of these when I was working with HFH, but good tools seem to disappear and, anyway, I like new and smaller for myself.
Hide them in a safe place from borrowers. Then again....I always forget where my safe place is.

Latest posts