My poor horse

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 30 years ago, I broke up a stallion fight ... there was a 6 ft steel fence between them. One stallion had a death grip on the other's throat and I jumped in and hit the first stallion repeatedly on his eyes with my fist untill he let go. Second stallion droped to the ground. Meanwhile , the first stallion grabed me by my right shoulder and shook me for what seamed like a lifetime then let go and I fell onto the 2nd stallion that was laying on the ground gasping for air. We both finally got up and I took him to a stall before I whent to the hospital emergency for treatment. Man that H U R T ... like seeing every star in the universe. About 8 years ago, I was worming a weanling filly and when I finished, she wheeled around and kicked me on my L wrist, breaking every bone in my hand. Man that H U R T like seeing every star in the universe. Orthopedist surgeon installed 4 stainless steel pins through the bones and put on an external fixator through my arm bone to hold every bone in place. When it all healed, the orthopedic surgeon used pliers to pull out the stainless steel pins out without any painkillers... NOW THAT H U R T ... like seeing evey star in the universe ... 4 times over , one for each stainless steel pin. ! My vote goes to the orthopedic surgeon's removeal of those @#%^&*()_+ stainless steel pins without any pain killers. :barnie
Yikes! You are braver than I. I am not sure I wold keep going back for more.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh bob, It hurt me just reading that. Why in the world didn't that Doctor give you a local before he removed those pins? Did you ask if it was going to hurt prior to removal?

I always ask and request something if I feel the pain is going to be too much.

Mary

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Mary, Farming and Ranching are some of the most dangerous occupations according to OSHA , so just another day at work. The Pakistany dr. said that it may hurt a little but it should be just fine. Yea right! I was laying on the exam table, he said look the other way as he grabed the vise grips , put his knee against my arm and YANKED, I was in so much pain and objecting vociferously when he proceeded to do the same with the other 3 pins. After I recovered from the shock of it all... I let him know my displeasure in NO UNCERTAIN TERMS !!! @#$%^&*()_+ :duc :rant :somad :sick I also filed a complaint with the hospital regarding such inhumane treatment with NO satisfactory result. ( wouln't want to hurt a minority foreigner's feelings, you know ) Now, if I were a dog, I am sure the bleeding hearts would have had a tizzzzzy fittttt !!!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never had any desire to own a stallion. Bobm I think I would have broke the knuckles on my other hand, relocating that Dr's teeth.

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have never had any desire to own a stallion. Bobm I think I would have broke the knuckles on my other hand, relocating that Dr's teeth.
Bay this drs. teeth were saved by the skin of his theeth by the nurse who was just strong enough to not allow the full impact of my right hook. Oh yea, at the time I owned 4 stallions.

Latest posts