Need Suggestions for Supporting Tomato Plants

schmije

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Question for all of you using T posts. Do you pull them up every year and have to redrive them back into the garden when you rotate things in the garden?
Yes, we pull them up, because we re-till the garden in the spring. We also pull out any cages, trellises, etc. for the same reason.

We also like to move things around, so the set-up is different from year to year.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Jared77 said:
Question for all of you using T posts. Do you pull them up every year and have to redrive them back into the garden when you rotate things in the garden?
I use t posts for other things in the garden and I pull them up at the end of each season and redrive them the next year BUT I don't pull or drive them by hand I pull them with the front loader on my tractor and drive them the same way.

If you don't have a tractor with a front loader you can wrap a chain around the post, pass a long bar through a loop of it and lift on the long end of the bar. When you pull a post straight up it comes out of the soil alot easier.

They also make a post driver so you don't have to use a hammer. It's a 3" tube with smooth handles on each side and a plate over one end of the tube. Slide the tube over the post and slam it down onto the top of the post. the post is always captured inside the tube so no problem with hitting the handles or not hitting the post square.

THANX RICH

Latest posts