need to rehome a roo

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have a very good looking white silkie roo that needs to be rehomed...he was hatched last september..so he is still quite young however I have two other roos and he is just one too many...I am not even supposed to have roos here...we are allowed 10 hens within city limits so If anyone is near Southeast New Hampshire come and take him home with ya...

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
all I want is to be rid of him...but I dont think he would make much of a meal as he is a silkie and they are small bantams.... I have a broody mom setting 3 eggs so I will probably have another roo or two to rehome in a few more months...

MuranoFarms

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I used to post banty roo's in the local freecycle group all the time and they went quickly.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i wish i could help you out Pam, but i'm still trying to figure out what i'm going to do with the few cockerels i need to rehome in the next few weeks before moving. i have 2 pretty bantam buff cochins that i'm hoping will find loving homes, 1 bratty self blue cochin that i could care less if someone decided to make into dinner, and 1 sweet 3 month old cochin/faverolles cross that i hope he'll eventually find a good home since he's not showing any attitude yet.

Stubbornhillfarm

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Today was my first morning in a year not waking up to "cocka-doodle-do". :( Kind of sad about it. Cockadoodle doo turned into cockadoole stew yesterday. He was a beautiful big bird, not aggressive to humans at all. But he was starting to become very aggressive to the ladies, to the point that they are looking like turkens and we have a long hot summer ahead of us before they are going to grow feathers back. I had him and matched hen on craigslist for sale as a breeding pair. Someone from Mass called and wanted me to meet them half way. For the $35.00 that I was asking, it certainly wouldn't even be worth the gas to do that. No one else wanted him. :(

I hope you are able to find a suitable home for your roos.

CuteChick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Check out the BYC forum, there are a lot of people on there who I am sure would be more than happy to take him

Latest posts