New CL Find

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
About 20 years ago, I baught 4 copper porch lights. Next I whent to a hobby shop and baught a bottle of copper patina liquid. Next I took out the glass and applied the liquid with a small cloth and within a day I got the really nice copper patina in a mutitude of shades . Then I rinsed them very well with water. Now they are in our Cal. house as wall sconses in the dining room. You can also apply flux ( used by plumbers to clean the copper when soldering onto the copper . This takes much longer but will turn color eventually.

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You know you can do climbing roses AND clematis together @Nyboy on the same trellis right?

Heck of a find & can't wait to see pictures

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
They like some clems too.

Speaking of giant rats, I've been nearly desperate to find a repellent to add to the mix to keep the deer off balance, because the sprayings that used to last for 2 months are now being ignored after 2 weeks. I looked around online and ordered mountain lion urine and wolf urine. The mountain lion (a granular that you sprinkle on the ground ) seems to be somewhat effective, but the wolf urine was a total fail. It's in liquid form and I followed the directions to a tee, but the deer just mowed down the hostas that I was trying to protect. It has only been a week. I'm so over deer.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Off season target practice helps with the giant rat frustration.....

Standing out in the yard and telling them, loudly, what your going to do with them the MOMENT it's legal to shoot them helps too..

Just sayin'

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Off season target practice helps with the giant rat frustration.....

Standing out in the yard and telling them, loudly, what your going to do with them the MOMENT it's legal to shoot them helps too..

Just sayin'

I will fly you out here to do that Cane! You could be a very wealthy woman if you could get them to go away. Unfortunately, target practice in these neighborhoods where I work is strongly discouraged.;)

The target practice thing didn't seem to slow down the potato/rhubarb eating vermin at my house. Sometimes it sounds like a firing range around my neighborhood...

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember years ago reading a gardening book, the author was having deer trouble. He tried every type urine on the market with no luck. He had a very good friend who worked at local zoo, friend brought him home tiger scat. Did not see 1 deer after putting down tiger scat !!

Latest posts