Newbie from MN! (pic heavy)

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:welcome

Wow, beautiful garden and great pictures!!!

You mentioned that you chop up and freeze bell peppers and fresh herbs...can you explain more how you do that and how you store them? Do you just pop them in baggies in the freezer? or do you have to add water or anything?

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks! :rainbow-sun When I do the bell peppers, I chop them up pretty small then I put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer so they freeze seperate first. Then I put them in a plastic bag. With the herbs I chop them, blot them off with a paper towel, then put them in bags in the freezer.

cwhit590 said:

You mentioned that you chop up and freeze bell peppers and fresh herbs...can you explain more how you do that and how you store them? Do you just pop them in baggies in the freezer? or do you have to add water or anything?

cwhit590

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
HotPepperQueen said:
Thanks! :rainbow-sun When I do the bell peppers, I chop them up pretty small then I put them on a cookie sheet in the freezer so they freeze seperate first. Then I put them in a plastic bag. With the herbs I chop them, blot them off with a paper towel, then put them in bags in the freezer.

cwhit590 said:

:thumbsup
Thanks for the tips! I love eating fresh produce, but with only 1 of me in this apartment I'm finding I can't make it thru some things before they start to go bad. :rolleyes: The freezer is my friend. :D

With the herbs, do they stick together when frozen? Do you have to bag them individually in serving sizes or can you do big bags of each herb (like a bag for oregano, bag for basil, etc)?

HotPepperQueen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They shouldn't stick together if they get blotted with the paper towel enough. I don't bag in serving sizes, I just have one big bag for each. Hope this helps!
cwhit590 said:
HotPepperQueen said:

cwhit590 said:

:thumbsup
Thanks for the tips! I love eating fresh produce, but with only 1 of me in this apartment I'm finding I can't make it thru some things before they start to go bad. :rolleyes: The freezer is my friend. :D

With the herbs, do they stick together when frozen? Do you have to bag them individually in serving sizes or can you do big bags of each herb (like a bag for oregano, bag for basil, etc)?

Latest posts