News Feed? And another small question...

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What the heck is a news feed?

And my other curiosity involves the appearance and disappearance of member names. Do they show when a member is actively using the site, and hide when that member nods off over the keyboard, or do members names only disappear when they close the tab?

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Regarding "disappearance of members":

The site shows you as logged in for 15 minutes, so if you do any posting, refreshing pages, etc. while logged on, it will show you as "online" for 15 minutes.

If you are a slow reader and it takes you 20 minutes to read a page, you'll actually show as "offline" until you post or navigate to a new page.

Logging off immediately marks you as offline.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I get that aspect of being on the 'roll call", but Journey and I had this conversation and we couldn't "see" each other when we had marked our preferences as not showing online status.

And so is that why the online stats will show four members names (for example) but say there are 5 members online?

Also, the "likes" will name members who liked a post and then say "and two others" or whatever. Are we anonymous when we have no online status chosen?

Maybe I ought to go clean a cupboard or something...I may be splitting hairs.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
You typed your message above while I did not see you listed as online thistle.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I get that aspect of being on the 'roll call", but Journey and I had this conversation and we couldn't "see" each other when we had marked our preferences as not showing online status.

And so is that why the online stats will show four members names (for example) but say there are 5 members online?

Also, the "likes" will name members who liked a post and then say "and two others" or whatever. Are we anonymous when we have no online status chosen?

Maybe I ought to go clean a cupboard or something...I may be splitting hairs.
Sorry! This post was intended for the "Your help needed evaluating..."thread.

Latest posts