Nor'easter on it's way

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
We had a drip in our outdoor water system. We have a tank in a super insulated room in a shed that holds the well pump for the irrigation and watering the animals in winter. We heat it with a couple of heat lamps. It works well until it gets down to zero. We tried a little heater and it kept tripping the circuit breaker. My husband tried to fix the leak later in the day yesterday and of course it turned into a flood. So he is working today and then going to the dentist afterwards. There is a slim chance he will be a able to fix it today. The temp is back up to 30 today but a big storm is coming tonight. Forecasting is always difficult where we live, but we will be lucky if we only get a foot of snow. The temps will be plummeting again with big winds. They call it a snow bomb. I may be without my lovely hydrants during what will be the worst part of the winter. Hope I will not be hauling water from my kitchen for the next few days.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Your upcoming storm has been all over the news. Hunker down and stay SAFE!
It is quite nice today-30 degrees. Did a lot of picking up around the yard so my husband can easily snow blow paths to the animals. My daughter is having snow in Charleston South Carolina. She just moved form Florida. Come back to Massachusetts, will you? Just a little more snow here to be near to your Mommy.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
had to play truck driver again today went to the mountains <asheville nc> dang they love to throw salt up there.... they had a wicked ice storm roll thought sunday.. on the way back noticed that alamance county brined the interstate but once heading home nobody else brined, looked at the doppler radar all that snow and ice will be east of us.....just yankee coldness .brrrr

Latest posts