not a good time for a hand injury!

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just returned from urgent care where they gave me 6 stitches in my hand. I sliced my hand when a glass I was washing cracked. :( Of course, I'm supposed to keep them dry and take it easy on my hand. So DH is going to learn really quickly how to can tomatoes! He might be making some blackberry jam and pickles, too!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh no! That stinks! I am glad you have a helper! Hoping you are better soon!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, that made me cringe just reading about it!

My sister did that once, putting cold glass into hot water to wash it. Pretty dangerous! :ep

Hope you heal up quickly and can find someone to pull weeds for you in the meantime! :tools

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sorry about the hand but at least you're starting him out canning something easy.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ow, Kate!!

I'm always gimping along with something but cuts - no fun!

DH should be fine just make sure he understands that clean-up is also part of the deal. And, you might want to point out that you can't afford any more injuries in the household . . .

I think my wife would make me do the work, outside!! I was once a fairly experienced cook but she has her own ideas about everything in the world of food.

DD and I were just talking about that. She is preparing quite a few meals with our veggies, off on her own. Her meals look like things I can remember from decades ago. But, they are new to her as she sets off in directions not taken by her mother.

Just give the guy a good book to read on preserving and you both may be pleasantly surprised.

Steve

Ariel301

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ouch! I'm with you, I've got four in my hand right now from carpal tunnel/ulnar palsy surgery. In my right hand, of course. I had to teach my husband how to do the milking; fortunately the garden can take care of itself pretty well. I hope you heal well and quickly!

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bummer! I suggest you both go to Walmart, Sam's, or health food store, and purchase some aloe juice to drink. When I had tonsils out (at age 40), I sipped aloe juice, and my Dr. couldn't believe how fast I healed. It's worth a try. Just don't try making your own juice, as it must be specifically processed for internal use. When you no longer have to keep it dry, you can try it externally.