Now what to plant Zone 8a

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well, I'd say something went wrong! It's not supposed to be like that. Sometime when you are feeling rich, see if you can find a jar of pickled okra at the grocery. There is a brand that *I think* has an outline picture of Texas on the label. It is pretty good, similar to how I have pickled it. Try it; you'll like it!:drool :D

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm about to plant my storage beans... black beans! I plant them in the area I just want them in, and forgotten about. I don't bother harvesting until they are all dried out and dead. DD and I bring them into the bathroom and air them out for a few days on a screen over a vent, and then I slap some more bean into the same area to get a second round of beans. Perfect for easy storage over the winter.... plus I get to make lots of soup and chili with them. :)

There are tons of storage beans to chose from... easy planting and easy harvest.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
so lucky said:
Well, I'd say something went wrong! It's not supposed to be like that. Sometime when you are feeling rich, see if you can find a jar of pickled okra at the grocery. There is a brand that *I think* has an outline picture of Texas on the label. It is pretty good, similar to how I have pickled it. Try it; you'll like it!:drool :D
Mt. Olive makes a pickled okra my friend is wanting me to figure out their pickling recipe and help her make them EXACTLY like theirs. She swears up and down its the best!

silkiechicken

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
8a heat?

Must be somewhere you can grow above mentioned items. :p

Wish I had just a few hundred more heat days... as long as I have AC inside. LOL

Some day I'll have to try okra. People always talk about it. I've never seen one in person.

flyboy718

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
may go with some more squash and beans and a little okra...my squash didn't do so well and my okra is doing great. Thanks!

Latest posts