Oh boy! - Again

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
It's spring here! And my chickens have commensed to breeding, and you all know what that means! Fluffies balls of Chicken!

There is actually new plant life now, like Wintergreen, and Periwinkle and Primrose.

CuteChick

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Yay!! what breeds are you hatching? (don't forget to send me pictures when they hatch)

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Bow Lake fowl in (wait, let me get the list :p )...
-Gold Birchen
-Partridge
-Silver Partridge
-Gray Mantled
-Silver Cuckoo
-Autumnal
-Snowy Birchen
and
-Silver Birchen

ooohhh, I like list... :p

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh yeah girl... I just hatched my first chicks last night. So excited with all the peeping going on. And my black silkie is raising them for me, so they are out in the coop and no inside chicky clean up! hahaha :D

retiredwith4acres

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Oh yea, I have peeps due each of the next three weekends in the incubator and two broodies due this weekend. Work, work, work, but what fun it is. What will I do if most of them hatch!! That would be over 100 babies!!!

Detlor Poultry

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
This hen I'm using is a Bow Lake hen, and is the broodiest thing I can think of. She actually set on an egg last november less than 15 minutes after finding it. I had to break it up because she wasn't on account of she was determined to hatch that month old infertile egg. I estimate she can cook about 10 of her own eggs at a time.

Latest posts