Oh no, I am addicted to gardening!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just realized it this weekend. Yeah, I am slow, that's why it took me this long to figure it out. :rolleyes:

The garden is pretty well done. It is now under snow, and nothing but freezing weather is coming for the foreseeable future. The freezer is full of veggies, so many that I described my Thanksgiving pie thusly: "This isn't the best squash for pies, but I need to eat the other veggies in the freezer before I can cut into my good pie squash, because if I cut that one up it'll fill the whole chest freezer and I need to leave room for turkeys yet." I ordered a wringer to do the wash, because it is only a matter of a week or two until the poorly-designed laundry room plumbing freezes up and I'll have to do wash in the sink again. I have a container of greens started, but they refuse to sprout even in a southerly greenhouse window on account of the chill, I need to set them on a heat mat. The garden is DONE. The harvest is IN. It's official, right? Even the spinach in the cold frame is not too happy with the weather. I spent yesterday bringing in wood for the stove.

I had originally planned to relax, do some knitting and quilting I had planned earlier in the year. I got the quilt pieces cut and ready to stitch and everything, packed in a box in my study. I have the design drawn out on graph paper, ready to go. I have yarn bought to knit a shawl and a bunch of lace. I have embroidery thread bought and linen and patterns to embroider for hankies.

What am I doing this morning? If you guessed, drooling over plant catalogs and squealing, "Sweetie! Come look at this one! Look, it's only $10 for 1' bushes, we could have a whole hedge!" you win the internets. The earliest I could plant such a thing would be flippin' March! What is wrong with me?

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
:frow :frow

What's the matter with you....... dear Rosalind? :lol: Why, you are just like the rest of us.......!!! Deluded, hooked, & very, very, happy --- You are a gardener! :celebrate

HAPPY DAYS AHEAD, come spring! :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Hello, I'm Kate, and I'm a gardening addict....

The way I look at it, MY addiction leads to beautifying the earth and delicious food too eat. Wish I could say the same thing about DH's golf addiction. ;)

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am addicted also. I totally love it. I spent all last week planning my spring and summer garden! That is why my name is obssessed.

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I feel the same way Rosalind. I spent thursday, our last nice day of this past week working in the gardens, doing the last of the last before the snow arrived.
I have blisters on my palms from cutting down all the spent perrenials and cleaning the gardens out.
I planted several apple trees and grape vines.
I had a houseful of people coming over this weekend for a party and I had all these other things I should have been doing but I hated to say goodbye to the garden and I knew it was coming.
I have all my seed orders ready to go and my trees have been ordered for spring delivery.
The good thing here is that normally we have much colder weather or even snow by now so we did get a little longer out of our gardens, we'll be out there planting in another 5 months or so.
The only drawback about the good weather was that I planted the garlic at the end of October and the first week in November and I see some of them sprouting already.
I planted them fairly deep too so they wouldn't heave out of the ground and I haven't mulched them yet because I am waiting for the ground too truly freeze and stay frozen.
They apparently think its spring around here.

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I'll always go out, all winter long, once you're out for awhile, the cold seems to fade away (unless it's really wicked out!). I've still got some clipping to do, some perennials to cut down, and I've got to get some manure to spread on the asparagus and rhubarb.....I'm going to clean out the hen house and leave it on top of the beds, it'll be wonderful stuff come next spring to till in. Even if it's just to wander around to make sure things aren't heaving out of the ground, I'll always find a reason to go out and putter :)

I've been addicted since I was 14.

Latest posts