One can dream...

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've had the same dream for a while @journey11 ... I would LOVE a stream! If it ever stops raining and I get caught up with the weeding I will be back planning my pond and patio.

A few years back, the garden trade party I helped run was held at a different gardeners house each year, so we could tour different gardens. This was one of them ...

View attachment 3063

View attachment 3064

The stream went down a slight hill to a garden sitting area down by a natural pond ... it was SO beautiful! Very nice people too, they always helped out and brought lots of plants to the trade. :)

View attachment 3065

View attachment 3066

Oh! That looks like heaven! I wonder how long it took for that garden to come together. It looks so natural, like it popped up there all by itself. Thanks for sharing those pics...I shall dream some more!

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stop by. I have lots surrounding my pond that will have to go when I redo the area. Besides, I have a gully to the West that was quarried to build the foundations of most of the old houses in this township.

Some areas are so lucky to have such nice rocks just lying around. When I go to the mountains on the eastern side of the state, I usually come home with a few rocks in my trunk as souvenirs. I have some pretty pink granite from Dolly Sods, some cute rounded riverbed stones from the Greenbriar River and some sedimentary rocks with neat fossils embedded in them that I got from camping in the mountains. I use them to decorate my rock borders around the yard. When I lived in VA they had big dolomite limestone rocks just lying around in the pastures. (I'm sure the farmers don't think they are all that great though.)

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Stop by. I have lots surrounding my pond that will have to go when I redo the area. Besides, I have a gully to the West that was quarried to build the foundations of most of the old houses in this township.
@smartred. REALLY! You do not live all that far away! If I could convince DH and be even a little helpful moving all those rocks I would be there next weekend! LOL. I want to replace all the rotting landscape timbers around the flower beds with native limestone. *sigh* someday. I bet you could sell them. Lots of people want them. Or post them free for the taking. They should vanish in no time.

Wishin'

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That looks spectacular :ep, I wish I had space to create something so beautiful.:love:fl

Jared77

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
That's an amazing stream. Did they design it or did someone else? Regardless it's absolutely perfect.

Latest posts