Only a gardener would - -

Chickie2378

Leafing Out
Reaction score
yea Marigold
I know I have eaten alot of dirt thru the years. But somehow it 'came out' OK :celebrate

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Chickie2378 said:
Voluntarily eat dirt :lol:

pull carrot, wipe fast on pants, munch away
That reminds me of my gransparents. Grandma didn't get all the grit out of the spinach one time and when grandpa complained she quoted the old saying,"Everyone has to eat a peck of dirt before they die", to which grandpa replied,"But I didn't know I had to do it all at one sittin".

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
hoodat said:
Take the temperature of a rotting pile of vegetation to see if it's heating up at the center.
This is truly something I enjoy. It is like Christmas in a way. I think that is a huge part of gardening for me; the magic of it all. I am a junky for the amazing changes that take place before my eyes! I relish my ability/honor/birthright to participate, nurture and influence that change. It is really amazing to have gardening/farming in your heart. It is a rudder that sets your eyes to see the world a certain way. I wouldn't change that viewpoint for a world without gardening!!!!

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Get the fidgets when they get too far way from green plants and animals.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Take a shovel and plastic bags to work, so after work is done can fill up the plastic bags w/ pig poop and wood chips, put them in the trunk of the car, then drive home w/ the rear windows down and the sun roof open, in the middle of winter while wearing a winter coat and gloves w/ the car heater at full blast.

This is hypothetical you understand. ;)

RustyDHart

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I also think a true gardener is someone who (by acciedent of course)....has probably tasted more compost and crap than most non-gardeners have ever stepped in. At least that's how it seems here on my farm...:/....

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
RustyDHart said:
I also think a true gardener is someone who (by acciedent of course)....has probably tasted more compost and crap than most non-gardeners have ever stepped in. At least that's how it seems here on my farm...:/....
LOL!!!!!

Wisher1000

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Only a gardener would - ask for manure for Mother's Day (I do every year!)
- carry a small shovel and plastic garbage bags in the trunk in case someone offers to share a plant from their yard.
- have to bite the inside of her cheek because her husband pulled the morning glory vine off the porch rail just before it bloomed (he thought he was helping.)
- take off work because it is a warm, early spring day, just after the last predicted frost and just before the rain front that's coming in tomorrow.