Organic Pesticides You Can Make At Home........

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Mix one teaspoon of liquid dishwashing detergent with a cup of vegetable oil. Shake the mixture together until it is well mixed. Then add a quart of water to the mixture. Put the mixture into a spray bottle and test it on one plant to make sure it isnt too concentrated, as it may burn the leaves. If it does burn the leaves you need to dilute the mixture down.

Spray the effected plants every 10 days. This spray should get rid of spider mites, aphids, white flies, and other insects that might effect peppers, cucumbers, and celery.

As an alternative you can mix one teaspoon of liquid dish washing detergent with one cup of rubbing alcohol. Once this is mixed together then you can dilute it with one quart of water. You will need to do the same test as previously mentioned to make sure it doesnt burn your plants leaves. Again if it does you will need to dilute the solution. You can spray both the tops and bottoms of the plants leaves with this solution. You can repeat spraying this organic pesticide every seven days.

As a final mixture you can use three tables spoons of dried crushed hot peppers and put this in a half of a cup of hot water. Leave the hot pepper in the hot water for at least a half hour. Essentially you are making a hot pepper tea. After the allocated time strain out the dried pepper. Now you can add this mixture to any of the liquid detergent formulas listed above. This will make your pesticide a little stronger to get rid of any stubborn pests.

Natural Pest Control Methods
Ask.com/Natural+Pest+Control+Methods
Laura Fox

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'll keep that in mind. The aphids around here only seem to get on the brassica plants. I get groadied out squishing them. Only one Mizuna left, a brassica, to finish its seed pods. So far so good with that one, but it's in the area of the bed that I put a lot of Diatomaceous Earth on last year. Those 2 Tyfon Greens had aphids though toward the end. I have their pods finishing drying in a wire basket, with no aphids on them now I believe, but if they show up I'll sure try this.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Boggy! I am going to mix up some of the first recipe and try to erradicate the mites that are overwhelming my pink honeysuckle vine. :thumbsup

Latest posts