Reaction score
6521_img_20130730_095712.jpg

what is the best way to eat these
has anyone here had any experience with these
I have about 20 that are about to fruit

RidgebackRanch

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
The last time I used passion fruit it was a very dark color and slightly wrinkled. You cut it open and scoop out the insides, there won't be much. The juice and seeds are edible and very tasty. :)

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
north of orangeburg sc

it grows wild here or someone planted it before I moved here.....its everywhere

I have atleast 20 vines that showed up from no where.. oddly enough I bought seeds before I need my yard was covered in them...wished I would have known as it would have saved me 5.00

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
well ijust bought this house last year so I had no clue there was even a passion fruit in my yard let alone 20 or more. I was unprepared for numerous vines. no trellis this year but def there will be one next year

now they are just sprawled all over the backyard. some are like 8 ft long vines crawling on the ground. there were like 6 growing under the porch so i bunched them together and I attached them to the supports of the porch and now they are growing across my deck, my 10ft wide deck, and covered in new flowers. so I guess its easy to say they are late producers.

my mom never had not one passion fruit in her yard but hugo came in 89 and her fences were covered with them within 2 years. this was before google or bing so they all got ripped out. we had no clue they were edible.

jomoncon

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
elijahboy said:
my mom never had not one passion fruit in her yard but hugo came in 89 and her fences were covered with them within 2 years. this was before google or bing so they all got ripped out. we had no clue they were edible.
It's amazing what hurricanes/floods will bring. After the Katrina flooding, in New Orleans we started seeing all sorts of things in the garden that we know we had never planted. Sunflowers were everywhere. Also a lot of rain lilies & naked ladies. And amaryllis was everywhere. Luckily (??!!), we were so busy repairing houses that we didn't have time for the gardens. When the pace slowed down some, I realized we had some real beauties that I saved.

elijahboy

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
that is luck to find amaryllis all over your yard....i love me some of them.

i cant wait to try the passion fruit ... and neither can all the people i told that i do have passion fruit growing everywhere... supposedly they have their baskets waiting

Latest posts