Phaedra's Adventure

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Finished the four cakes a customer ordered last weekend!
24-03-28-21-10-42-338_deco.jpg

They look great in the boxes.
24-03-28-21-56-40-861_deco.jpg

Ready for the customer to pick up tomorrow morning ~
P_20240328_214615.jpg

I used the rest ingredients to make a small cake for ourselves.
24-03-28-21-42-46-808_deco.jpg

Let me share some thoughts with you tomorrow, I am a bit exhausted and need to jump on my bed now, good night.

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I finished another window of the grey house, still one to go. I used such greenhouse panel on the door and two windows facing south.
17836.jpg

Same spot, but totally different settings
17842.jpg

Large Cupped Daffodil 'Snowtips' - heavily frilled lemon-yellow cups dotted with flakes of pure white, sweet fragrance
17829.jpg

Overwintered purple broccoli 'Claret F1'
17828.jpg

Splendid cherry blossoms - they are at the end, but another two trees are just about to start.
17827.jpg

The second batch snap peas and beetroots are sprouting.
17831.jpg

Most of the tulips are growing quickly now, as the temperature is pretty mild.
17833.jpg

Lilacs are also on the way.
17834.jpg

It seems the spring will be mild and kind this year. The weather for the coming two weeks are wet but not too cold. I will sow luffa and bitter melon next week, and let's see.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I understand that Boron is a tremendous aid to Cherry production, this was new to me last year. So after ferreting out the parent company (20 mule team) i found a marketing agent who was over joyed to send me “samples”. Well, what showed up were two different types in 5lb. containers.
i kept trying to tell him “im a small guy; you’ll never sell me a ton of this stuff” he wouldn't hear it, so here i set with enough Boron for every Cherry tree in the state of Alaska FOR THE NEXT 100 YEARS!

The dosage is 1/2 tsp dissolved in 2 gal. Of water and poured around the dripline, every other year!😳
If anyone wants in on this, let me know id be happy to share. Mine were treated in the fall so i’m excited about how it may go this year.

Last edited:

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I love to make such comparisons - then I realized how much effort I have done in this garden. Well, the same location looks much better this year.
17995.jpg

I cleaned up the edges, removed some weeds, and added some chicken manure before heavy rain arrived. The spring preparation for this small bed was done, and I can enjoy their growth soon.
17996.jpg

And today, I kept preparing the last bed in this almost full sun area - I used the grass shear as it's a holiday here (and noise isn't allowed). So, the compost heap is happy, too.
17992.jpg

After adding more soil from the pond area and leveled the ground a bit, I covered this bed with landscape fabric as this is the first year. I will use this bed for annual warmth-loving veggies only, so from this autumn, I will remove the fabric (and use somewhere else) and cover this bed with a thick layer of compost.

I will also add one Mirabelle plum and a rose arch here, then this area is temporarily done.
17990.jpg

All windows of grey house were done - I will make one table and a few shelves. This place will be also a shelter for potted plants that should be, but are yet winter-hardy to stay during winter months.
17853.jpg

Highly shade-tolerant wild garlic plants that I transplanted three days ago. They perked up again after two rainy days, so adorable.
17993.jpg

I also started adjusting the way some shrubs are growing. For example, to pull the branches away for a much better ventilation and light penetration.
17991.jpg

April will be the busiest month, I guess. More sowing and transplanting are waiting, while all kinds of preparations are also chasing us. However, seeing the happening changes is inspiring and worthy!

Plum trees are blossoming~
17843.jpg

Latest posts