Picture Of The Week (POW) Information & Submissions

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Here's a weed, IDed this plant last year, but forgot what it is already...lol.
fc.jpg
Some type of Milk Weed.

secuono

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remembered early this morning that it's a Milkweed. Edited the pic. :)

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@TheSeedObsessor, I love the color or sycamore trunks -- all grey-ish/white with splotchy off-neutral colors. One of my fave trees -- alive, of course. Are there other sycamores growing wild around your area?

Old cottonwoods are pretty much the same grey-ish/white color, without the splotchy effect. Judging from the shape I'd guess they were dead cottonwoods or poplars.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They're definitely cottonwoods, the only poplars growing here (excluding the cottonwoods, they are a kind of poplar if I remember right) were planted on purpose as ornamental trees - I'm referring to the relatively small area were I've thoroughly explored the wilderness, always possible that there are some actual wild ones (excluding cottonwoods) growing nearby. Any sycamores that I've found were growing at lower elevations.

An idea - do you think that creating a thread or similar for anybody that's interested to document their wild plant finds on? Or would that get too big too fast?

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love sycamores...so stately and elegant. They really like the creek banks here and get very large in diameter, like up to 5'. They grow in drier spots too.

I think that would be a very fun thread topic, @TheSeedObsesser , and one I don't think we've done yet. I've got some cool pics, some older, from hiking and all.

Latest posts