Pictures of our greenhouse reconstruct

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Splendid! That looks really great! Can't wait to see all the lovely green things growing!

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great job April! So are you going to be growing stuff for profit?
That would be lovely to be able to do what you enjoy a make a living too! :)

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow! April that's one great-looking greenhouse ;). If I ever wanted to build a greenhouse I think it would something similar to yours.
Now the fun part is the growing, Enjoy!

barefootgardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Very nice April. Loved reading your blog. Keep us updated throughout your growing season.. I love to see what others grow in their GH..

vnsseed

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Very nice, we are building a bigger greenhouse this year and I keep bouncing back and forth between the hoop style and "barn" style.

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I love the barn style! There is something asthetically pleasing abut it. However they are really big and harder to heat. Take some time to list what is important to you and make your decision about it.

I am so excited about our greenhouse. It is the heart of the farm.
Blessings in your journey!

orloff

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was thinking of building a similar styled greenhouse out of a cold frame from farmtek. Do you have high winds where you live?

I am only going to use it for about 5 years until we move so the plastic wont need to last to long. Where did you buy the plastic and what did you do at the ends of the greenhouse with the plastic?

Thanks for the help! Jeremy

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
orloff said:
I was thinking of building a similar styled greenhouse out of a cold frame from farmtek. Do you have high winds where you live?

I am only going to use it for about 5 years until we move so the plastic wont need to last to long. Where did you buy the plastic and what did you do at the ends of the greenhouse with the plastic?

Thanks for the help! Jeremy
We bought a 100 ft roll from a greenhouse supply. Getting good poly pays off in the longevity of the plastic (about 7 years).

We do not have high winds. Maybe strategically planting some trees where they won't take your good sun would be advisable. We used plastic for the ends. I have posted a picture of the finished end and door on the blog (I meant to do that some time ago!)

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That greenhouse looks great. What kinds of things are you doing in it now?