Planting seeds in wet soil???

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, I'm dying with all this rain! I know it's really bad to dig around in the dirt when it's wet, but is it ok to just plant seeds? I'm thinking about bean seeds because I just line them up in rows and push them down into the dirt. Starting tomorrow, it's supposed to be dry & sunny for the next 3-4 days :fl, but I'm not going to have much time to plant, besides tomorrow. So what do you think? Yea or nay?

Aren't gardeners supposed to be patient people?? :rolleyes:

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Yea.

Sometimes you just have to plant in really wet ground. I have had to replace a few butter beans and pole beans that rotted on me, but most came up fine. Finally we have had a day of no rain today and a few more dry days in the forecast. I say plant those beans! :)

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Definitely yes :D

Both peas & beans need a lot of moisture to get going & if they say it's going to be warm & dry for the next few days you are made. They should shoot out of thr earth. :weee:weee :weee !!

GOOD LUCK :celebrate

:rose Hattie :rose

curly_kate

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I'm so happy to hear that! I've started my tomatoes & peppers, so I'm not chomping at the bit as much to get them planted. But I still have a bunch of seeds to get going, and time's a-wasting! :D

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Oh yes i say plant in wet soil, this past week i had to plant my broccoli raab in wet soil and they sprouted in less than 3 days amazing!!

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Send me some of that rain -- we haven't had more than a sprinkle for more than a month in my area of the UK. Usually we get a lot in April......!? All we are getting are high winds which are drying everything out even more. My earth is cracking up already! :hit

Happy Gardening this weekend :rainbow-sun

:rose Hattie :rose