Projects, Pavers, Pickets, and Perennials

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
We were given a lot of paving stones last year and I've been itching to lay them in my little picket garden as a path and a seating area.

It's not finished yet, I figure it will take me about 3 more hours of fiddling, but I will use up nearly all the stone, so that's good news. That means I (probably) won't be able to conjure up another project, and will (maybe) finish all the other half baked ones waiting on me. :D

I'll show you before it's finished, then when it's done and I get the thyme planted I may take some more to share.

DSCN2920.JPG

See Idaho?

DSCN2921.JPG

DSCN2922.JPG

DSCN2919.JPG

And general garden shots around the house...

DSCN2917.JPG

DSCN2918.JPG

DSCN2923.JPG

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
love your tractor in the background. love your gardens even more! we have lots of old clay bricks left over from when there was a barn on the property and i want to use them for making a path to my coop. don't think i have enough for it though.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW @thistlebloom you have a little bit O Heaven on Earth. Such a beautiful place. The path and seating area look great already. What are the tall flowers (orangeish) in front of the purple clematis?

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
WOW @thistlebloom you have a little bit O Heaven on Earth. Such a beautiful place. The path and seating area look great already. What are the tall flowers (orangeish) in front of the purple clematis?

Thanks Carol Dee, those are Jacob Cline beebalm, not quite ready to open. When they are open they are fire engine red and the hummers go wild for them.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
That made for a lovely "stroll", Thistle. I feel relaxed just looking at your pretty garden. And I love all of the pops of color against the white picket fence backdrop. That path will be just perfect to tie it all together!

My bee balm died last year. I think I didn't put it in a spot that drained well enough. I killed some plain purple bee balm when we first moved here too. I thought it was supposed to be easy to grow. :(

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
That Jacob Cline has proven to be a little temperamental Journey. My big clumps of it have faded down to sparse clumps, but in the front of the house I have a dark pink and a magenta that I planted about 9 years ago that are still going strong.
I've sent clumps of JC to several other TEG members and none lasted as long as yours, so don't blame yourself.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a beautiful stroll! Thank you, Thistle, that was refreshing. I already knew you had a lovely place, but seeing the gardens today -- well, you have a lot to be proud of. Those pavers can't make the picket garden any better, just make enjoying it a whole lot nicer. I can't wait to see how the thyme looks between your pavers. Good job!

Latest posts