Rabbit Crisis...Need Advice!

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Horses get so sick with colic mainly because they cannot throw up. I don't think that is the case for rabbits but don't really know.So if I had a bunny not feeling so well I could skip cleaning and order take-out? Glad she's better!
desertcat said:
Thanks gang!

Happy bunny update. She's still in the house, eating, drinking, peeing, pooping and driving the cats totally nuts!

Do rabbits get gas colic like horses? That's really what this was most similar to. And NOW I know something else that needs to go in the first aid kit!

Don't tell anybody, but I really enjoyed sitting around holding the bunny (seemed more comfie when closer to vertical) and watching lots of tv shows I'd recorded but hadn't had time to watch. Really nice change from the usual snowstorm frenzy of cooking and cleaning. Sun came out a few minutes ago to look at our 17 inches of snow that has drifted to about 3 feet in our driveway...Acccckkkkkk!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
the other thing about colic in horses is that they could have eaten a stone that calcified over time to block the intestine. not a fun surgery or smell if you've ever had to work in a large animal vet clinic. :sick i remember those days of getting out of school to drive up to the equine clinic for my volunteer job of cleaning and prepping their surgery packs, stocking their surgery room and other chores. any time they had a colic surgery i could smell it before i got to the property.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nyboy said:
I did not know Texas got snow.
The Texas panhandle sticks up there in the mid-west. :lol: Heck, we get snow every 10 years or so down here in southeast Texas, where I live, 75 miles from the Gulf of Mexico. It just doesn't stay long....... And we are all idiots and drive fast and smack into each other!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yup, ask any Texan...

Texas is so big that the north part of it is somewhere north of the north pole!

Texas is so big that the south part of it is in the outback of Australia!

Texas is so big that California is a little town just off it's western border!

Texas is so big that Washington DC is a suburb of Texarkana!

Texas is so big that Foreign satellites flying over it need Texas passports!

I really like Texas. I remember approaching Dallas on the highway. The tops of the buildings first rose above the horizon, and then in awhile, it looked like I was approaching Oz. It was really amazing to me. That was 1975

Latest posts