sSig_rofl.gif
sSig_rofl.gif

Is he pooing? He is isn't he!
I just love Rudy!
Are you planning to breed him?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
No not pooing, I think he was about to shake his imaginary feathers. He may be naked, but he thinks he is a peacock! lol

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Kassaundra- My grandson loves Rudy and the new pictures. How will he do over the winter? Have you knit him a sweater yet? Will you breed him?

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Kassaundra- My grandson loves Rudy and the new pictures. How will he do over the winter? Have you knit him a sweater yet? Will you breed him?
I will make him clothes, out of a bed matress liner. It has a waterproof, breathable plastic side and terry clothe other side. I am not sure how he will handle winter yet, if I breed more will depend on how he handles the winter.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
We LOVE RUDY!! :weeeI love the updates of Rudy. I showed his pics to our grand daughter last time she was here-she was fascinated. You might have to give Rudy his own heat lamp this winter. Knit him a sweater, hat, and don't forget the booties!:lol:

bobm

Garden Master
Reaction score
Not much meat on them thar bones, but should make some fine soup on a frosty eve !

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
If you decide to breed him - PLEASE put me on the list for hatching eggs.. or chicks!!!!!

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Rudy is a rooster. Most hens don't crow any comb until they are ready to lay eggs. Some folks can tell gender right after they hatch, but I've gotten an eye for telling them apart at 4 weeks old, even the EE where many roosters grow a very short comb.
Hang in there, Rudy! I just lost a 9 week old young rooster yesterday. Happens. The temperatures went from mild summer here to 90 degrees yesterday afternoon with heat indexes of over 100. Birds are delicate and I have even lost adult roosters to extreme heat. That is why, if you butcher birds for meat you need to realize that finish what you start and learn to make it quick. Injuries (from a serious wound) to your birds will usually end in death. This is why duck hunters want a really good hunting dog to finish the job after their buckshot has brought down a bird. My dog, "Rose" is a very good hunting dog, despite being the wrong mix of breeds--Husky/GS x BC. I started with parakeets when I was young, so I've been around birds for along time. They just aren't as hardy as mammals are.
But, it's common (on BackYardChickens.com, sister site) to hear of splinting the legs to cure splay, and the birds do very well.)
GO, RUDY, GO!! :love

Latest posts