Should we buy this greenhouse?

Mackay

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
What do you think about this 30 x 30 green house for sale for $800. I don't think it comes with a cover. Apparently my husband wants a bigger green house than I was thinking of.

Does it look like a good value

What's the downside if any to one this big?

6340_13325525.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think its gorgeous!!!! I would buy it.... just remember they may want you to disassemble it and take it away on your own for that price!

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Dude that is huge!!!!!!!! Love it. I know nothing about a green house though.

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow,

This is clearly a stunning frame. I can almost feel your trepidation in regards to this and the price. The reason I say this is because I am a craftsman and a builder myself. A frame, just as you see there, could be built and constructed for under $200.

I say this because I am very keen on material finds. I buy "culled" lumber, always, without question. I get such good results from the culled stuff. I put together a 20 x 8 ft garden shed, by myself, all for $500. Probably a bit more for paint though.

Here take a look.
2vjwfbc.jpg

I am always thinking of new building structures based on materials that come my way, but I can equally respond to a frame like that. I can see the simplicity in the construction. A tube bender and the right fasteners and that would be an easy shape to recreate.

Often what I do is sit in the space where I want to construct something. I try to imagine in my mind this structure sitting there in that space. As I begin to see it, I also begin to imagine what it would take to accomplish it; I know this might sound a bit metaphysical in nature, but I sort of manifest the project in my mind, and as it works itself out it somehow manifests itself into the physical reality. Of course with a lot of sweat and tears too! LOL

I cannot tell you the countless times I have tried to incorporate an 'official' greenhouse in my yarden space. I say official because every time I build a structure that begins to become my greenhouse, some critters take it up and their need becomes greater than my own. :p

So I guess, considering all the benefits and the time to construct (not everyone is as OC as I am), I would say "Go for it".

Why not. It would be the prettiest on the block for sure. I can see some really beautiful things coming out of that structure.

Ron

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would buy that in a minute!! That is a great find. BJ's was selling one that was 10x10 for 600.00 this spring. They sell the plastic at Farmtex (I get their catalog). If you have the space for that-what you could do with it, would be unlimited! I think you will have to budget in a couple large fans, for ventilation and perhaps a heat source (not sure where you are located.) Good luck- let us know how it goes!!

Ron, your yard and garden shed look wonderful!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Sorry,

I built that structure, and did the gardens, but that is on another property here in town.

Thanks though, I am still proud of it.

I think it is unanimous LOL...you should get the frame!

Ron

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
So what ever happened? Did you purchase this? How was the move?

I really would love to see pics of the entire process....Please document your adventure for us. :D

Ron

Latest posts