Show us your seedlings

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Haha, I was thinking how WARM 40 degrees sounds, so why the heck is Bay bringing the squash in the house...ohyeah, I'm not a squash!! :lol:

So funny! Now that I think of it, DS and I had that same discussion about how warm 40º is this morning. The wood shop is 40º this morning and I was saying how warm it felt when I went in to feed the cats. DS and DH insisted that 40º is way too cold to work comfortably building furniture. Strange, it never feels that 40º is cold when I work out in the yard.

Of course, the outside temperature was a warm? and sunny 3º. Anything above freezing would have made the shed feel warm, I suppose.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
It's going to be 5 degrees here tonight. 40 seems like the tropics to me right now. I always find 40 in september feels like mid-winter. And 40 in the spring feels like heaven. I don't ever remember a winter where we have had so much cold below 20 degrees.

That is so true Cat. When it's 40 in the fall we bundle up, when it's 40 in the spring we shed!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Well I just got my TEXAS heat luvin' squash brought in the house, read them a story about big strong squash that have teeth inside their vines to eat vine borers with and tucked in, them under the moonlight glow of 4 fluorescent bulbs. Lights out soon little squashies, sweet dreams! :)