Snakes in the chicken coup

skeeter9

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ugh! Don't get me started on rattlesnakes. There are so many of them around here. They get huge and nasty. They have eaten our chicks and have bitten our cattle, horses, and dogs. Needless to say we all kill them any time we can. On the other had, we have plenty of beneficial snakes as well and we certainly don't kill those. ( We'll, except that one poor gopher snake in the garage that my husband mistook for a rattler, but we don't talk about that).

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ugh! Don't get me started on rattlesnakes. There are so many of them around here. They get huge and nasty. They have eaten our chicks and have bitten our cattle, horses, and dogs. Needless to say we all kill them any time we can. On the other had, we have plenty of beneficial snakes as well and we certainly don't kill those. ( We'll, except that one poor gopher snake in the garage that my husband mistook for a rattler, but we don't talk about that).
So skeeter, were you able to save your animals from the bites?

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
A friend in New Mexico posted on facebook (which my wife follows) that she went riding yesterday and did not see any rattlesnakes. That was unusual enough for her to mention it.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Fried rattlesnake anyone?? :drool

Nail snake to the wall.
Skin with a sharp knife
Gut it
Cut off head
Wash
Cut up in 2-3" pieces
Wash again
Dip in buttermilk then roll in cornmeal
Drop in hot grease until browned
Sprinkle salt on it
Eat!
Pick teeth with rib bone

Scrub hands with gasoline and lava stone, then vinegar and lemon juice-still can't get darn snake stink off hands!

Latest posts