Some very sad news

aftermidnight

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I just got word that one of our newer members suddenly past away, Poppa T. left us last Saturday.
Rob is the member who has the small holdings in Devon U.K. I don't know all the details but do know he slipped on some black ice and the thought is a blood clot let loose....

I have known Rob through the Gardeners Chat Shed in the UK for some time, we have swapped seeds over the last few years, he would hunt down seeds for me and I did the same for him.

Right now that forum has pretty much shut down as everyone is in mourning, I have sent my condolences to his wife Ruth and their family. Although I have never met these people in person or ever will I actually thought of them as very dear friends, I'm having a hard time getting my head around this, it was such a shock

You never know what lies around the corner, life can be so cruel at times, so give your loved ones a hug and let them know how much you care.

Annette

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost a friend. Yes ... I do understand how you can be a good friend with someone you have never met in person and grieve the lose. There are so many people here on TEG I have not met and consider dear friends. Hugs for you @aftermidnight :hugs

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I always worry when we haven't heard from folks for awhile. I am sorry to hear of your friend's tragic passing. :hugs I recall him posting a few times here.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I just got word that one of our newer members suddenly past away, Poppa T. left us last Saturday.
Rob is the member who has the small holdings in Devon U.K. I don't know all the details but do know he slipped on some black ice and the thought is a blood clot let loose....

I have known Rob through the Gardeners Chat Shed in the UK for some time, we have swapped seeds over the last few years, he would hunt down seeds for me and I did the same for him.

Right now that forum has pretty much shut down as everyone is in mourning, I have sent my condolences to his wife Ruth and their family. Although I have never met these people in person or ever will I actually thought of them as very dear friends, I'm having a hard time getting my head around this, it was such a shock

You never know what lies around the corner, life can be so cruel at times, so give your loved ones a hug and let them know how much you care.

Annette
So sorry for the loss of your friend.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Some are with us such a short time. Thank you Annette for sharing with us. Don't be shy about telling us a little more about your friend.

@Poppa T had that aerial picture of his Devon, 2 1/2 acres. It looked like a wonderful home for an active retired person.

Europeans have such a great institution of allotment gardening. It sounds like the members of that forum brought their socializing to the digital age. I hope the members take hold of what they have and move ahead before long. Late winter can be very inspirational, with gardening friends.

Steve

Latest posts