Somehow, It's Funny that Way

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
HOW COULD YOU FORGET?!?!?

i'm actually quite happy that i know so little of that song that the only line of it i know is the number. that is it. nothing else. i was never a big pop radio fan. saves me a lot of earworms, but i still have plenty of others. i mean almost all of Three Dog Night's greatest hits and Stevie Wonder will do it.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240511_053406_Chrome.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Three Dog Night's greatest hits and Stevie Wonder
That reminded me of the cartoon of a guy standing in front of a washing machine holding a tee-shirt. He asks the lady, "what temperature do you think that this should be washed at?"
She answers, "I don't know. What does it say on the shirt?"
He answers, "Pink Floyd."

Okay, to make amends, here's a picture of Stevie Wonder. And the caption says, that's Andy Warhol there with him.

Screenshot_20240511_084427_Chrome.jpg

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha!

I'd never remember that number in
the song.
There is actually a SECOND number in song one can use if it's supposed to be long distance. There is a song called "2:10, 6:18, 10:44" (they're actually train times, but if you add on the song "One" in front, it makes a long distance number.) I used it when I did my two page conversation made up only of song titles.

Pulsegleaner

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is actually a SECOND number in song one can use if it's supposed to be long distance. There is a song called "2:10, 6:18, 10:44" (they're actually train times, but if you add on the song "One" in front, it makes a long distance number.) I used it when I did my two page conversation made up only of song titles.
Here it is (managed to drag it out from somewhere.)

Scene, the lobby of a hotel. A businessman is sitting there, waiting for a fellow businessmen to take to dinner. The businessman enters.
Businessman: "Mr. Wendell?"
Wendell: "You Can Call Me Al."
Businessman: "Waiting Too Long?"
Wendell (shrugging): "Half A Moment".
Wendell" "Who Told You About Me? Elenenor Rigby?"
Businessman: "Mrs. Robinson".
Wendell" "I Don't Know Her Name."
Businessman: "Jolene."
Wendell: "Sylvia's Mother!"
Businessman: "Exactly".
Wendell: "Be Here Long?"
Businessman shakes his head. Businessman: "Tomorrow, I'll Be Gone". "Leaving On A Jet Plane."
Wendell: "Hungry?"
Businessman: "Hungry Like The Wolf!"
Wendell: "What Are You Hungry For?"
Businessman: "Tea for Two." "Sukiyaki."
Wendel (nods, takes out his phone and dials). Wendell: "Operator."
Waits a few seconds. Wendell: "House of the Rising Sun." (Waits a few seconds more, then takes out a piece of paper to write down the phone number).
Wendell: "Two-Ten, Six-Eighteen, Ten Forty-Four."
(Hangs up dials the number. Waits a few seconds then looks confused. Checks number again. Then slaps his head when he realizes what he has done wrong.)
Wendell (re-dialing): "ONE!" (Waits a few more seconds, then beings to speak).
Wendell: "Table For Two." (few more seconds) "Tonight, At Eight." (Nods, then hangs up. Turns to business man.) Wendell: "Call Me A Cab." (Businessman goes off, comes back in a few seconds).
Businessman: "The Taxi's Waiting." "Shall We Go?"
Wendell (getting up) "Ready When You Are." (They walk out).
END.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20240515_190514_Chrome.jpg
I can attest to the value of this advice.

Altho, I would not expect such a dramatic response :oops:. A quiet, peaceful experience is what is desired and warm hands are a part of that, from my experience. And, after all, I had that experience.

20240305_065337.jpg
Okay, that picture is over 100 years old and isn't me ;). Almost could have been :).

Stevie

Latest posts