Sometimes I really hate people.

homestead holdout

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Ohhhh where to start and actually find a place to end with how I can SO RELATE! I have to just scratch my head at how quickly people make the decision to have angst vs peace with neighbors. It happens just as fast as you said - making the decision to stick the fat face out and let the gums flap. There could be SO many other scenarios.... We are surrounded by development and our fences dont enclose all of our property. So the people with the postage stamp yards salivate over our large grassy area (we mow it for thier pleasure) just in front of them. They toss balls for thier dogs out there and thier kids play football, etc. I am NOT using that space so why kick them off just because it's mine? And be a jerk and then well known as a jerk? No thanks, peace is better. Anything war can do, peace do better!! Unfortunately I have to add that even though we have this kindness coming from our hearts to them, we DO NOT, kids do not, friends and fam do not look like them and I FEEL the discrimination. Lot's of tye dye, dreads and long hair going on over here and something about it scares them. But thats fine, I send out peace but I dont really need yuppie friends, that's just taking it to far! See, you didnt need her as a friend anyhow, but she needed you! So her loss!! Have peaceful day and walk your dog WHEREVER you want, just with headphones on next time!

6498_1102.jpg

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
homestead holdout said:
Ohhhh where to start and actually find a place to end with how I can SO RELATE! I have to just scratch my head at how quickly people make the decision to have angst vs peace with neighbors. It happens just as fast as you said - making the decision to stick the fat face out and let the gums flap. There could be SO many other scenarios.... We are surrounded by development and our fences dont enclose all of our property. So the people with the postage stamp yards salivate over our large grassy area (we mow it for thier pleasure) just in front of them. They toss balls for thier dogs out there and thier kids play football, etc. I am NOT using that space so why kick them off just because it's mine? And be a jerk and then well known as a jerk? No thanks, peace is better. Anything war can do, peace do better!! Unfortunately I have to add that even though we have this kindness coming from our hearts to them, we DO NOT, kids do not, friends and fam do not look like them and I FEEL the discrimination. Lot's of tye dye, dreads and long hair going on over here and something about it scares them. But thats fine, I send out peace but I dont really need yuppie friends, that's just taking it to far! See, you didnt need her as a friend anyhow, but she needed you! So her loss!! Have peaceful day and walk your dog WHEREVER you want, just with headphones on next time!

http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6498_1102.jpg
Very well spoken!
I hope you know I was only joken

homestead holdout

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
injunjoe said:
Very well spoken!
Bout what? I'm sure I did - LOL You mean war by vegetables?! HAH Rock on, I'd come armed with 2 year old peeps (you know the marshmellow stuff) and a flinging spoon!! We actually have "peep flinging" competitions at Easter, the ducks like it when we hit the pond behind our house....

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Brazilian Pepper trees take over and choke out all other growth.
Like I say just a joke.
The county just to the North of me fines you if you allow one to grow. They are choking out the native mangroves. A big problem!

They are evil !

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
homestead holdout said:
injunjoe said:
Very well spoken!
Bout what? I'm sure I did - LOL You mean war by vegetables?! HAH Rock on, I'd come armed with 2 year old peeps (you know the marshmellow stuff) and a flinging spoon!! We actually have "peep flinging" competitions at Easter, the ducks like it when we hit the pond behind our house....
:lol: :gig

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ron, do you ever read any of Terry Pratchett's books?

There are a few smaller ones with a character called Eric Wheelbrace. It's apparently an issue in the UK, that many folks like to go for long walks across the moors regardless of who may own them, or what livestock might be grazing thereon. Property owners are expected to maintain stiles and things so that random hikers can mosey through their pastures. The property owners moan about the granola-bar wrappers, and the folks like Eric Wheelbrace (in his woolly bobble hat, with an ordinance map on a string around his neck) complain that The Land Belongs To The People and that there is a right of way everywhere, including through dungeons and off cliff edges and such.

I don't suppose you have a knitted bobble hat?

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well I must admit my attire does have its moments. Today I was in a dashing purple bandana with with a dark Military Green Wool longsleeve shirt.

It is funny you mention this about walking about in the UK. I was in a rural area near the town of Woodbridge while I was in the Air Force. On several occasions I would walk through the forests and fields at night and see the herds of white deer dashing across them in the distance. I visited as many medieval structures as I could. This was in 1986-87.

:coolsun

Ron

obsessed

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am so sorry about your sucky day. But congratulate you on being able to speak up. Usually I think to slow to think of a good response when that kind of stuff happens... So you must be really smart and fast on your feet.

Latest posts