Still alive and kicking

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Sweet Miss Daisy sent me a card telling me some members are wondering what happened to me so I guess I'd better check in.
My wife, as some of you know, is in a nursing home with Alzheimers. She's pretty far gone and 91 years old so she doesn't have a lot of time left. I've been spending as much time as possible with her. I don't want to have her go thinking no one cares, even if she doesn't know who I am anymore.
Due to our drought here in San Diego my garden only has a few salad greens in it plus my permanent plants such as turmeric, galangal and ginger.. I've let most of it go to weeds to give the predators a place to hide. I'm still adding rabbit manure as it accumulates and it will be ready to go back into production if we ever get rain again.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hoodat!!!! It is so great to hear from you! I was worried and missed you. Glad everything is ok. I'm touched by the love that you have for your wife.

Mary

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Whew! So glad you are OK. This forum just hasn't been the same without your wit and wisdom. But being with your wife is, of course, the most important thing. You have my heartfelt good wishes and prayers. Stay safe.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
HOODAT!!!
clap[1].gif
4chsmu1[1].gif

nachoqtpie

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
HOODIE! I was so worried something had happened to you! I know she won't really remember, but, please give your wife our regards! *hugs*