Stolen landscaping roses!

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Now I have seen it all. I planted four big landscaping roses in my front yard by the barn about three weeks ago. This morning, I was walking the dogs, and two were stolen! Holes in the ground where they used to be and no up-ended rosebushes around anywhere! There's literally a hole about a foot and a half deep where they used to be, like someone went and dug them up rootballs and all.

:th

They were behind a 3 foot rock wall, too. Of all the things to be stolen on our property, they took roses--not the riding mower, the freezer full of deer meat, the various power tools, no, they took roses. :barnie

Think maybe a local landscaping company is trying to drum up some business the scumbag way?

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is terrible...and odd too. They only needed two? :idunno Makes you go hmmmm. Just when you think you have seen it all...

Hattie the Hen

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind,

I'm SO SORRY about your STOLEN ROSES......!! Unfortunately it happens virtually everywhere! Here in the UK I can't put pots of flowers out by my front door without them going missing. I have to keep everything very pared down out front, VERY SAD as it could be so pretty.

It is so had when you have laboured to make your surroundings attractive that some LOW-life can come along & think 'Wow that looks nice, I'll take that home with me!' -- they probably only had room for two.........!!! BLAST THEM!!!----- That is not what I really want to say! :barnie :he :ep :smack :rant :rant :somad :sick :he :barnie etc. etc.

:rose Hattie :rose

Purple Strawberry

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
You should watch the move "Dick & Jane". They had a new lawn put in and could not make the payments to the landscaping comany and they took all the grass back and in the middle of the night Dick and Jane go steal grass out of peoples yard. Crazy!!!

I am so sorry this has happened to you. Here is some flowers to brighten your day :bouquet

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I'd be driving around looking for my plants-dang people! hard telling from where they came, but I'd sure like to hunt them down...
I'm just going to plant a 120.00 pompom juniper tonight-I'm gonna have to watch it like a hawk.
I worried the potted plant would disappear- had hubby hide it til today.
Thing is I have other plants that cost even more, of course. I'd have to file a police report-hehe

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I never imagined someone stealing my landscaping?! The sheer thought of how LOW someone can be is pathetic... I'd be driving around with a shovel and a BBgun!!!!!!! :he

Rosalind

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I just don't get it. I mean, we have oodles of stuff not locked up in the barn that is worth way more than a couple of $17 white-flowered rosebushes: mower, weedwacker, a bunch of DH's power tools, freezer, spare wheels for the truck. If they wanted to steal something for monetary gain, why select the friggin' roses?

We've had planters full of flowers smashed by teenage vandals, but they were just smashed, not stolen. There's no pulled-up branches around, I checked.

People are just strange. :rolleyes:

Latest posts