Sweetpeas reward *new pic post 13*

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I got my newest pullets I asked the seller if she had any fertile eggs I could buy to put under my little broody Dutch bantam.
She sold me 5 Golden Cuckoo Marans. My poor little hen has diligently gone broody several times and this time I wanted to let her get some sort of reward for all her hard work.

Saturday afternoon I was out in the pen and heard cheeping so I slowly lifted the roof off the doghouse she's been setting in and a little head poked up under her wing! Awwww.... then another! She's so proud and such a good little mama.

If I have the color link for GCMs correct, I think they are both female.

Here's Sweetpea with her kiddos.

7504_sweetpeas_hatch_81913_004.jpg

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Nothing sweeter than a mama chicken and her babies! It would be really great if they are females!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
That sounds like the best plan Cat! Never mind those mechanical heartless incubators. A real Chicken is much better. Sure looks to me like it...

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
what a success story. how adorable! I've only had one hatching with two babies. when they peek out from mama's feathers it's so cute.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yeah for Sweetpea!! :ya (love the name!)
A good broody is worth her weight in gold!

8721_wait_what.jpg

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What a cool story and cute chicks, Thistle! They look like momma is giving them a lesson and they are paying close attention. So very cool.

Um Cane, I think there is something wrong with that chicken. I haven't been raising them very long, but mine have only two drumsticks. :lol:

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Looga her face. She was tired so the kids were holding her up!

Latest posts