Tell me about spaghetti squash, please

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
They keep for quite a long time. They are considered a winter squash. If you don't like them wait awhile. It may be that they are not mature enough.
nittygrittydirtdigger said:
I ended up planting four plants, since I found a pony pack at Home Depot for 99 cents. Boy oh boy, we'd better LOVE those squash.....they are prolific! Out of the four plants, we have over 20 squash in various stages of development. They're very pretty once they turn from green to that creamy white. The biggest ones are about football sized right now. When do I harvest them?

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Spaghetti squash are an excellent alternative to pasta for individuals who are on a gluten-free eating plan.

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
lesa said:
I would recommend buying one in the store- and trying it. They aren't my favorite- and I personally wouldn't bother planting them. I am not saying you might not love them- but giving it a try first wouldn't hurt....
I love me some spaghetti squash, even the store bought ones. That being said, however, store-bought spaghetti squash doesn't hold a candle to the ones I've grown in my yard.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I have been wanting to plant those, I planted them once few weeks ago, and didnt make it, wind burned, so will plant them again ! I hope they will do well during Cooler night in the fall. Im going to start cabbage seeds too.

grow_my_own

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Contact me if yours don't grow, and I'll send you some seed for next year after this year's crop is done. I have one plant with 15 fruits on it. There were 18, but I pulled some off and fed them to the chickens.